[Novalug] Open source visio file viewer

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Mon Feb 19 23:00:40 EST 2007

Jay Hart wrote:
> I'm looking for a open source viewer that I can use to preview visio files.

I know of nothing close to Visio under open source at the moment. I
actually run it under Crossover Office.

That said, what we do most of the time is export the files (via Visio)
to HTML before putting them on our internal document site, that lets
everyone view it no matter what they are using.

That might not help if you need to open one. There IS a free visio
viewer that MS puts out. You can run it under wine or crossover if need
be. Its view only, but it does work.

-Nick