[Novalug] Windows virtualiation

Rich Goodwin rich.goodwin@cox.net
Sun Feb 11 17:55:41 EST 2007

I'm going through this now... installing VMware player to have M$ OS for
quickbooks.  Research I've done shows there is no way to get quickbooks
running under Linux.  I understand you can download the player, load
your variant of Winderz and go without any VMWare costs.  i am loading
the kernel sources for openSuSe 10.2 as I type to install the VMWare
player.

To be clear - CrossOver Office ... doesn't crossover the Intuit product
line or at least a current version of Quickbooks.  There is a Linux
Native accounting package - MyBooks.  $59 for 1/2 user license on Linux.
In working with my accountant, it was just too much accounting for what
I want to do.

Rich

--

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!