[Novalug] OT: Where to take an important discovery involving international crime

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Thu Feb 8 22:10:56 EST 2007

FORWARDING FOR SOMEONE

(this was sent to me and the person wants to remain anonymous)

About two years ago, I was contacted by a group which had previously
been established to be a front group for Hamas.  They contacted me
directly and their request didn't appear to be illegal.  I immediately
forwarded the information to the FBI as soon as I saw it... about
6:30am.  By 6:35 my phone was ringing and I spent the next 20 minutes
speaking to a very polite Special Agent.  He claimed that there would
be no problem for me to work with them since "there are no active
investigations" into the organization.

I assumed that since I was a nobody, they wouldn't tell me if there
was, so I simply didn't respond to the contact.  Within a couple days,
I forgot about it and went on with life.  Three months later, they end
up getting raided in 3 countries - one of them being Iraq - and guess
who's name turned up?  That's right and I spent a bit of time talking
to a polite pair of Special Agents.  I assume that since I had
contacted them in the first place they weren't that interested but
probably just checking on leads.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F