[Novalug] [OT] Dual layer DVD burner for laptop

Rich Goodwin rich.goodwin@cox.net
Wed Feb 7 17:49:16 EST 2007

Thanks for the offer.  I have an external Memorex Dual layer DVD burner
which is recognized under Linux with no problem and burns D/L DVDs under
k3b just fine.

My problem is to _boot_ off the DVD, the internal drive is fubar....  or
so I think, and I cant get the system to recognize the external drive!
I have another Dell laptop (Inspiron 5100)  which might accept the one I
have in the 9300.  So I will try that when I get a chance.

Rich

--

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!