[Novalug] Stock Ubuntu powered notbook

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Wed Feb 7 09:02:34 EST 2007

Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> Nick Danger wrote:
>
>> >From what research I've done, the Sys76 is just an Asus Z35F, available
>> from a few places sans any OS for more then $200 cheaper. Only I
>> couldn't find the 1.46G celeron M, just the  core duo 1.66 so I had to
>> use those price points for my comparison.
>>

> I hate to come across as too dumb, but... I looked up Sys76 on google,
> and I didn't find any vendor that I could buy from.  Earlier people were
> talking about whitebooks (on this list?) and so I looked for that too,
> but came up with just a few articles on whitebooks.  I really wish there
> was a vendor that would offer something basic like that on a consistent
> basis with a consistent competitive price for me to browse around on.
>
> So... anyone have any links they'd like to share?

http://system76.com/   System 76, Linux loaded laptops and goodies
http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux_laptops.html   Linux 'Certified' laptops
http://store.agearnotebooks.com/asusz35fprice.html  The price I found
for an unloaded Z35F

The laptop is white, sort of like the old Apple notebooks. I dont think
'whitebook' as a product name was ever used, but I could be wrong.

Oddly looking now, that second link lists a widescreen laptop at the
bottom of the page that is the same as a 'L Computer' monster laptop I
used to have. I gave it to a coworker who prompty overheated the thing
and now it sits broken. L computer is out of business and I was never
able to figure out the manufacturer. Maybe I should contact this place,
since they have the same one shown. Anyone ever had to fix a laptop and
get it fixed NOT from the manufacturer/where they bought it from?

-Nick