[Novalug] Vista? No thanks.

Ben Creitz creitz@gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 23:10:34 EST 2007

On 2/5/07, Michael Stone <mstone@mathom.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 03:36:19PM -0500, Ben Creitz wrote:
> >But badvista.org has a harder job:  The product being "sold" by a
> >fluffy MS site is Vista, something I can get my hands on, try, judge
> >for myself.  The product being sold by badvista.org is the idea that
> >Vista is bad.
>
> Again, how is that different from any other negative advocacy site?

You left out the next sentence of my quote in your follow-up.  Without
it, we aren't discussing what I said.  I've stuck it back in below:

Ben said:
"The product being sold by badvista.org is the idea that Vista is bad.
 That idea (along with reasoning and evidence) is not expressed
anywhere that I can find on the site, after giving the site a fair
five minute chance."

Your question again, if you would still ask it:

Mike said:
"Again, how is that different from any other negative advocacy site?"

My answer is that an effective negative advocacy site (or any site
trying to express any position on any issue) should begin by providing
a concise description of "what is at issue," followed by evidence
which supports its position.

-Ben