[Novalug] Possible Novell Ban on Selling Linux

Russell Evans russell-evans@qwest.net
Sun Feb 4 14:34:02 EST 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:16:01 -0500
"gregory pryzby" <greg@pryzby.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 01:49:28PM -0500, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> > Ken Kauffman wrote:
> > > Despite what impressions I may have hurled over the wall in the
> > > past, I'm not an MS hater. I find the agreement interesting but
> > > harmful to Novell.  I used to be a Novell guy and used to really
> > > enjoy working with NetWare over MS Server products.
> >
> > I wasn't referring to anyone on this list ;)  I just meant the way
> > the articles made the whole situation sound like Microsoft was
> > trying to somehow "steal" Linux or make it unusable through patent
> > law.  Thanks for your comments--they put the whole situation into a
> > much more reasonable light.
>
> Tin-foil hat crowd (not that there are wrong!). There was actually an
> articel recently about a government project to project thoughts in the
> Washington Post magazine. There is funding but nobody knows if it
> is/was successful.

In high school a guy setting next to me in Calculus said he could pick
up thoughts, so I tested it out with him. The test was I was to draw
something on a piece of paper, think about it, and he was then to
describe it. The drawings I did were compound squares, circles, arrows,
the odd house, barn, car, and planes, things I could kind of draw.  He
was 100% percent accurate over the test of about 10 pictures. The next
Calculus test I told the teacher he was cheating off of me. ;-)

Thank you
Russell