[Novalug] time off by an hour

Wayne Dernoncourt wayned@panix.com
Thu Feb 1 12:54:03 EST 2007

Stuart D. Gathman
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:

>> I have a Fedora Core 4 system and it's off by an hour.
>> Checking the time settings, I'm in the New York time zone
>> (I am), checked the NTP server and right now this laptop
>> says 12:58 but the cell phone says 11:54.  Four minutes is
>> tolerable, but the hour?

> What timezone does the clock display?  You can override timezone in
> user profiles.  Bring up a terminal (right click on desktop) and
> type

> $ date

> to see what timezone you are using.

[wayned@localhost ~]$ date
Thu Feb  1 13:52:54 EST 2007

> To check whether you are actually contacting the NTP server,
> bring up a terminal, su to root, and type:
>
> # /usr/sbin/ntpq -c lpeers
>
> to see whether the NTP servers are actually active.
> You firewall may be blocking it.

[wayned@localhost ~]$ su root
Password:
[root@localhost wayned]# /usr/sbin/ntpq -c lpeers
No association ID's returned

None are currently active, it's done at boot and when the app
panel (right click on time -> adjust date/time) is okayed.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly