[Novalug] OT: Free Fax service

Kevin Dwyer kevin@pheared.net
Thu Dec 27 18:17:14 EST 2007

You will need Windows or Mac if you want to see the contents of the fax
though.  eFax used to let you login and download JPGs of your fax, but now
they only provide you the EFX format, which is a proprietary (we assume
TIFF-like) format that is only viewable by their eFax reader.

The humor comes in when you analyze the bits of the file and see a header
stating that it was generated by a Unix program on the server side.

-kpd