[Ma-linux] Re: [Novalug] Another service running, need advice

Kevin Dwyer kevin@pheared.net
Tue Dec 11 21:28:18 EST 2007

There's a pretty boring process called init that runs all the time, well
after the computer has finished initializing itself, thus wasting precious
bytes of resources.  It doesn't come with a script in init.d, but you can
just go ahead and kill it.  You'll have to kill it as root, but it should go
without a fight.

-kpd