[Novalug] Firefox FUD

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Sun Dec 2 00:33:57 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 17:20 -0500, Ed T. Toton III wrote:
> Thus spake b b:
>
> > - the logic of the following statement FTFA escapes
> > me:
> >
> > quote:
> >
> > Because Microsoft releases Web browsers less frequently and supports
> > older editions for longer periods, claims Microsoft Security Strategy
> > Director Jeff Jones in his latest report, Internet Explorer 7 users are
> > less susceptible to security vulnerabilities than users of Firefox,
> > whose updates come more frequently and whose older versions are
> > disavowed sooner.
> >
> > end_quote:
>
> No kidding. It's more secure to encourage people to use buggy software for
> longer periods of time without patching or upgrading? Hmmm...

Then by that logic I'd be more SECURE if I DO NOT upgrade any of my
systems still running XP to Vista. Since Vista is so new it just has to
be buggy and/or insecure.

  Don E. Groves, Jr.

A young man goes into a computer games shop. He says to an assistant "I
want a challenging computer game with lots of graphics. It should be
difficult, confusing and have plenty of contradictions to keep me busy".

The assistant replies "Have you tried Windows XP?"