[Novalug] Linux at Michigan Tech

Clif Flynt clif@cflynt.com
Thu Aug 30 15:14:49 EDT 2007

A note from a friend at Michigan Tech.  For those who aren't familiar
with MTU, it's a fairly small school in the Michigan upper penninsula.

It's a very geek school, so perhaps this isn't surprising.

> My lab volunteers offer 2 basic linux class as a recruitment tool during
> Freshmen Orientation week.  Last year we had about 15 people show up,
> all together.
>
> This year, we were across the hall from the Fraternity introductions.
>
> The Frats had the big lecture hall.  We had the 25 seat linux lab.
>
> We got more than 100 people.  (About what the Frats drew).
>
> We thought maybe no-one wanted to come to the class this morning (9am?
> ick).
>
> 40 more showed up today.
>
> So...
>
> Linux is as popular, at MTU, as the Fraternities are.
>
> Woo hoo! :)

Clif

--
.... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (2nd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..