[Novalug] NFS Mount Problem

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Tue Aug 21 10:53:49 EDT 2007

Dan,

My fstab NFS entry is pretty similar to yours, except for the mount
options field (nfsvers=3,rw).  I don't recall now why I set it that
way - was doing way too many things at one time that day, and didn't
make good notes.  I do remember having trouble getting the mount to
work automagically, and was doing a lot of "try this, try that".
What I ended up with might have just been coincidental.
Note that "sneezy" is mapped to an ip addy in my /etc/hosts file,
and that capitalized "NFS" is a directory name, not a file type.

    sneezy:/NFS  /NFS           nfs     nfsvers=3,rw    0 0

Ed James