[Novalug] .dmrc question : UPDATE

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Sat Aug 18 17:17:38 EDT 2007

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007, Beartooth wrote:

>> And *then* I'll get back to the machine with the presently
>> ungrubbable XP drive .... <sigh>

> looks like the entries in grub.conf and menu.lst are ok in
> relation to the drive designations
>
> since the xp drive is a second drive on that machine, have you
> tried disconnecting the primary drive and seeing if XP boots up
> when it is the only drive on that machine.

 	Me? Ha! I don't speak hardware -- inherent defect. To say
nothing of my arthritic eyeballs and trifocal fingers, I have at
least seventeen thumbs, and the invisible ones get in the way
even more than the other ten.

 	Iirc, I've only once ever gotten a case open without
damaging something, let alone closed it back up.

> Maybe there is something wrong with the XP drive. I have put my
> harddrives into these slide out from the outside drive drawers
> (see the picture at:
>
> http://www.batw.net/NewAmithlon.html

 	*Gorgeous* dog! I don't think I've ever had such a good
look at one.

 	I *think* the drawers must be the top four gray parts of
the big red thing on the right, yes? And that's about all I can
make out.

 	But I love the idea of taking XP clear out of a machine,
physically, and letting it sit on a shelf unless and until I want
it. I'll try to ask my builder to include that in my next one.

> This makes trouble shooting much easier as I can remove a drive
> without opening a machine. It actually makes running M$ OS
> easier also cause XP lives on a harddrive in a drawer which
> mostly sits on the book shelf next to the machine. :-)

 	I love it, I love it, and I like it some more!

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User, with precious