[Novalug] weird F7/pine install problem

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Sat Aug 18 10:27:00 EDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, DonJr wrote:

> After reading some of your other site message posts. <GRIN>
>  {-: A Google on "pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm" turned up some
> interesting results. :-}

 	Odd. I've been using google, rpmfind, and other things --
and kept getting rpms that wouldn't install ...

> What do you get when you do:
> $ less pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm

[root@localhost ~]# less pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm
pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm: No such file or directory
[root@localhost ~]#

 	That's on the machine of the moment, a stopgap; there are
unrelated troubles this morning, following on the .dmrc/gdmsetup
mess. I'll write another post. <sigh>

> Is it TEXT of gobbly gook?
> If TEXT then you had a download failure.

> First try:
> # yum install pine
>
> If that work then use that version and go on.

 	It did actually work on a machine where I had found and
installed an rpm for livna; gotta remember that ...

> Otherwise if it was GobblyGook then try:
> # yum localinstall /home/btth/pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm
>  (If the above 'less' gave back TEXT then first download a new
> copy and the try the above.)

 	I don't *think* the downloads (which I almost always do
with Opera) are the problem ...

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User, with precious