[Novalug] weird F7/pine install problem

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Fri Aug 17 15:35:39 EDT 2007

After reading some of your other site message posts. <GRIN>
  {-: A Google on "pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm" turned up some interesting
results. :-}

What do you get when you do:
 $ less pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm

Is it TEXT of gobbly gook?
If TEXT then you had a download failure.

First try:
# yum install pine

If that work then use that version and go on.

Otherwise if it was GobblyGook then try:
# yum localinstall /home/btth/pine-4.64-5.lvn7.i386.rpm
  (If the above 'less' gave back TEXT then first download a new copy and
the try the above.)

-- DonJr