[Novalug] Case Fan Questions

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Mon Aug 6 09:08:01 EDT 2007

Jay,

    Sorry - should have found a link to a DC to DC Converter in the
first place.  Here's one from a random search, with pretty pictures:

    http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=10

They seem to generally take 12 Volt DC power and convert it to the 3,
5, wotever, Volt DC power used by the mobo and stuff.  I'm guessing
they were designed for use with car batteries in mind.  My long-term
game plan is to use such a system with a car battery and solar panels
for an off-the-grid system.  Costwise, it prolly ain't worth it, es-
pecially when factoring in the electronic controllers needed.  Funwise,
priceless.

Ed James