[Novalug] Case Fan Questions

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Sun Aug 5 13:34:24 EDT 2007

On Sun August 5 2007 11:52 am, Ed James wrote:
> Jay,
>
>     First question.  Do your fans use sleeve bearings or ball
> bearings? Sleeved fans tend to be cheaper, but wear out faster.  Ball
> bearing fans cost more, but outlive the price difference.

Anybody know what hybrid bearings are? I picked up a fan at Microcenter
from an outfit called Silenx that has hybrid bearings. The fan is so
quiet I had to shine a flashlight in there to make sure it was turning.
It appears to be moving a pretty good volume of air, but it's the
quietest fan I've ever used.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.