[Novalug] Over the Top

Thu Aug 2 16:06:02 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Bonnie Dalzell <bdalzell@qis.net> wrote:
> They were quite large yellow and with black print. I noticed them in part
> because I had not seen anything like that before in a theater.

I catch a movie at Ballston about once/year and I don't think they're
all that new.

I'm getting a kick out of the response on Slashdot...

If people get ticked at organizations who take GPL software, close and
distribute it because it's against the license, how can they give this
girl a pass?  Part of the agreement in her watching the movie was that
she wouldn't record it.  She broke the terms of the agreement and is
suffering as a result.  I have no pity for her there simply out of
principle.

The punishment is a separate matter and looks excessive.  I think they
should have taken the tape and kicked her out.  And I don't think it'd
be unreasonable to ban her from the movie theater for a while.  Back
in junior high, I had a pair of buddies arrested for shoplifting and
they were banned from the premises.

keith

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.