[Novalug] iPhone data bills - OMG!!!

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Wed Aug 1 09:33:53 EDT 2007

It's a way for someone to scoop a story by using the new marketing buzzword
iPhone.  There are tons of idiots that don't ask appropriate questions about
their plans and come up with excessive bills, it's just their
smartphone/pdaphones aren't "cool" and all over the media right now.

-----Original Message-----
From: novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org
[mailto:novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org] On Behalf Of Rich Goodwin
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:23 AM
To: NOVALUG
Subject: Re: [Novalug] iPhone data bills - OMG!!!

It's kinda funny.  With hindsight being 20/15 ... it is easy to see the
issues.  But going into the situation, how many of us would fully consider
the overall costs?

Greg said AT&T did the right thing - I agree.  Since we don't have the
breakdown of the bill, much of the cost could be from the overseas
corporations. So, it is possible that AT&T ... er ... 'scuse me ...
at&t .... ;-) .... may really have absorbed some real costs.

When I read this, I saw someone who did the cursory check of the plans and
costs and ASSUMED he was getting the full story.  We all do this.
So my intent was to help us all think a bit broader when dealing with the
companies and not getting wrapped up into hype.

--

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!