[Novalug] Historical Assembly, was: Wii iiiiii !!!!!!!

Stuart D. Gathman stuart@gathman.org
Thu Nov 23 11:58:38 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Garrett Nievin wrote:

> And for a terminal, we just had a Morse key!  You had to tap ones and zeros
> by hand!  Oops, I went too far with that one.  Time to pull my breeches out
> from under my armpits and lose the black knee socks with sandals...

Actually, morse code is *much* faster than cell phone keyboards for
general text - at least for contests of skilled cell phone key boarders vs.
skilled morse code operators (Ham radio).  The learning curve
is a lot steeper for morse code.  I keep waiting for a cell phone with
a single high quality full travel key instead of a dozen chiclets ... and
waiting ... and waiting ...

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>