[Novalug] Dead Computer Diagnosis

Russell Evans russell-evans@qwest.net
Fri Nov 17 09:55:00 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:04:07 -0800 (PST)
"Igor Birman" <igor_birman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh, eMachines....
>
> When they go, the power supply and board usually go together.  You
> will most likely have to replace both.  And, if you plug a good power
> supply into the board, it is likely that it will fry it as well.
> eMachines sells replacement motherboards and power supplies as a set,
> but if you do replace it, you might as well replace it with something
> decent :)

1999, my boss bought one of the MAC-a-like emachines for the call
center. When it was plugged in it blew, literally, big bang, flash,
and smoke. It took out the entire cube farm as well as the NOC. I've
never been tempted to look at another one because it scared the heck
out of me so.

Thank you
Russell