[Novalug] The Saga Conintues

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Fri Nov 10 23:15:59 EST 2006

I had the pleasure of talking with Ron Hovsepian for about 20 minutes
last night about the Novell/Microsoft deal. I will post the specifics
later when I have them properly quoted (written instead of from
memory).

The big thing I took away is MS and Novell can still sue each other.
Our end customers are protected from suits. Novell and MS will
probably sue each other at some point (case in point Novell is still
suing MS regarding the WordPerfect issue). MS wants to since the deal
with others and probably will. Novell's lawyers sat with FSF's to
review the documents to show there is GPL issues with the agreement.

Ron was very vocal and excited and ensuring me that this is good for
Novell and Linux. He had examples that I will work to share properly.

There is more information that should be posted on the Novell site
shortly.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F