[Novalug] Quick & Dirty Backup Solution?

jlg goldsmithj@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 10:04:00 EST 2006

Greetings:

  I'm in a lab environment and have serveral HP DL[35]80 servers with Winders 2003 server on them.  I have a need to backup these boxes with little muss and fuss.  I'd use ghost but some knucklehead has lost the media.  My thought is boot a Linux CD on the box in question and the dd the windows partitions to another windows server (ie NTFS share).  Doable?  I'm open to suggestions.  I need something that *will* work and *will* restore.
  This should be considered  a "one off".

  Thanks much.

  ...jlg (jim)