[Fwd: [novalug] Re: voip providers?]

David Lerner lerner-dave@zai.com
Sat Nov 4 10:17:08 EST 2006

I have been using SunRocket for over a year. The attraction was price.
With a year of experience I know that voice quality (via Cox) is good if
not entirely consistent. The biggest problem is the variability of echo
cancellation. Included features are support for an analog fax modem,
caller ID, enhanced 911. Cost, including all fees and taxes is $208 for
13 months.

Dave

Rich Goodwin wrote:

 Much to my dismay, due to Verizon having crappy lines in my area, I
have no choice but switch my internet connection to COX cable and with
that I have to find a new voip provider.  I have been doing a little
research checking out the options and from what I see, they all are
good, yet all bad.  None of them really stand out as being better than
another.  So I just figure I would ask the group their experiences with
voip and which providers are safe to do business with.