[Novalug] Getting root access on a Ubuntu Live Cd (ver 5.0.4)

Michael Hughes itismike@gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 12:39:45 EST 2006

Hi Jay,

I don't have a Live CD version running right now, but I think you still
use 'sudo' to run as root.  It /shouldn't/ prompt for a password if
you're running from a Live CD.  If it does, try something obvious like
'ubuntu' or 'Ubuntu'...

Example:

jay@jay-desktop:~$  sudo  mount  /dev/hda1  /mnt/hda1

HTH,