[novalug] Re: OT: is it possible to click on a microsoft word icon and end up with OpenOffice?

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sat Dec 30 11:13:18 EST 2006

In my experience with users attachment to specific programs - the
difference in hot key commands and minor differences in menus can really
upset and distract someone who is a pretty good user of a particular
type of software package.

You might want to sit down with OpenOffice and Word and check out
wether there are differences in menu layout which can be customized in
open office to match word.

I remember years and years ago when I was using a TRS80 machine that one
of the text editors used a key combination for saving files that was the
same as the key combination a different program used for shutting the
program down without saving the file. This of course led to many late
night disasters.

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com