[Novalug] Wine on SuSE 10.2

Russell Evans russell-evans@qwest.net
Wed Dec 27 00:24:15 EST 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 20:45:58 -0500
"Alvin Smith" <mezzenger@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/26/06, Russell Evans <russell-evans@qwest.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 23:24:50 -0500
> > "Alvin Smith" <mezzenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Yes, that is possible.  But it does not explain the segmentation
> > > faults when attempting to run WINE.
> >

> > You didn't say whether your /home was overwritten when you did the
> > fresh install; if not, Have you moved your wine directory from your
> > home directory to wine-old and then run wine to see if it still
> > seg-faults?
> >

> The fresh install was accomplished by using a new unformatted disk.

On a fresh 10.2 install, I installed wine, winetools, and the required
Xdialogs RPMs and was able to run the Office2000 setup off a CD. It
wasn't a workable install, but the install program itself, did
complete. I have been able to run winecfg and winemine without
issue.

I have the packman, kde3, updates, videolan, and install repositories
in yast and have completed all updates. The wine RPMs noted are from
the install repository so they might be different than the DVD
supplied RPMs.

You might try deleting your .wine and removing the three RPMs and
then installing them from the on-line install repositories. I'm
using the mirror.kernel.org repository. If that doesn't work you
might run a strace on wine to see if you can identify what is
causing the seg-fault.

Thank you
Russell     ..