[Novalug] For the Geek Who Has Everything

Ed T. Toton III bones@necrobones.net
Fri Dec 22 14:36:28 EST 2006

Thus spake Jay Hart:

>> My favorite is the Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard.
>>
>> http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/8193/
>
> Call me stupid, but this one really looks like it would have problems.
> How does the "keyboard" know if I want to enter a "d" followed by a "c".
>
> I would think that your fingers would get in the way of the device being
> able to determine valid keystrokes.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

I haven't had a chance to play with one or see one up close, but I read
somewhere that it does fine with sequential presses, but it's incapable of
simultaneous keys. It's also sluggish compared to what a lot of people
would need for their normal typing speed.  I don't remember where I read
this though.

- Ed T. Toton III, RHCE --|-- www.necrobones.com -- ed.toton.org -