[Novalug] Perl "one-liners" (was "Tutorials")

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Tue Dec 19 00:56:05 EST 2006

Alan McConnell wrote:

>	I had never heard of "kickstart" so I just googled.  It seems to
>	be a Red Hat thingy, to help install lots of Red Hat systems, over
>	the Net presumably?
>
>Does it have any use for us Debian folk?

The short answer is NO. The long answer is that there are other similar
pieces of software that seem to do the same thing. One of them is called
FAI, for Fully Automatic Install.

I know of it only by name; I have not played with it. But it has a cool
name.

>>I think I'll save rewriting them as a holiday break exercise. Its pre
>>xmas week and I need eggnog.
>>

>	Anyone for starting a "Free as in Eggnog" movement?

There ya go! Nutmeg is mildly hallucinogenic :)

>Best wishes,
>
>Alan

JIM