[Novalug] Tutorials

gregory pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Sat Dec 16 14:11:55 EST 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 12:44:07PM -0500, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> no, No, NO!
>
> Learn the emacs editing keys. Whether you prefer vi or emacs as an
> editor, the emacs keys are clearly superior for command line editing as
> they are unmoded. And many X Windows tools use emacs keystrokes by default.

Did you know that RMS suffers from carpal tunnel? Any idea why?

Look at the contortions required for EMACS and it is obvious. I don't
do 2+ keys at a time. Nope. I struggle w/ a modified hunt and peck
where I use maybe 6-7 fingers tops and it works for me. The pointers
get most of the work and middle some and the right thumb...

EMACS-- not an editor, but an way of life. OS included.

:)

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F