[Novalug] Firefox + E-mail question

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Thu Dec 14 15:32:02 EST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Alan McConnell wrote:

> Since I'm dial-up, I use lynx for 95% of my browsing.  But
> occasionally Firefox is necessary.  And sometimes I wish to
> send out E-mail -- perhaps to reply to something on a page --
> within Firefox.  And I click on Reply;  and Firefox kindly puts
> up a screen volunteering to set up Evolution for me.  <g>
>
> Don't want no steenken Evolution!  I've got a fine MUA, mutt,
> set up just the way I like it, and an OK MTA, Postfix, set up
> pretty good.  So how do I delve into the innards of Firefox to
> tell it to use mutt and/or Postfix?
>
> Any help adept Firefoxians can provide will be much
> appreciated.

 	I have a similar problem with Pan 0.119. With 0.14.x, I
could click on Reply/Forward By Email, and it would just do it;
now it tries to launch Pine on my machine, but makes trouble.

 	Most of my browser do something like that; they launch
pine in a terminal on my machine. I postpone the message as soon
as I have addresse, subject, and something to remind me what it's
about; quit pine; and try to remember to check postponed messages
next time I launch it properly (not often; I do my mail on a
remote machine under ssh). That works, but it's a kludge.

 	So maybe what to tell non-mail apps to do with mailto
links, and how??

--
Beartooth Squirreler, Wordcrafty Staffwright
Hunting is life, life hunting. That is all