[Novalug] accessing forums and IRC from CentOS?

Matt Ahrens matt.ahrens@gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 10:13:38 EST 2006

Jim,

I'd recommend using the something like tor (http://tor.eff.org) to reduce
the visible access you have out to whatever services you're using .  Tor is
an anonymizing proxy service which you can read about on their site.  It
provides you with a SOCKS5 proxy which you can toss into IRC, and you can
bundle Privoxy in there to prevent unwanted popups and other nasties from
Web sites.

PS, I don't recommend avoiding your company's implemented security controls
as Matthew says, viewing restricted material may have negative effects on
your job situation.