[Novalug] More Symptoms

Kevin Kitts kevin.kitts@gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 17:28:36 EST 2006

I happened to be installing RedHat FC5 on a PC that I bought off of e-bay
and was having a lot of trouble. Built in to the FC5 boot disk there was a
memtest86 option. I ran that and it quickly identified one of the 2 memory
modules as having a ton of errors. I removed that module and then everything
has worked perfectly since. memtest86 is very nice - and it's nice that the
include it on the boot disk of linux distros - since these distros often end
up on elderly or "eBayed" boxes.

Good luck,

Kevin